Complementary Therapy Volunteers
- Working one-to-one with patients, their families and carers, to address their symptoms and issues
- Maintaining clinical notes
- Liaising with CT and members of other teams in the Hospice to provide a holistic model of care
Skills and qualities required:
- Full qualification from a BAAB accredited course
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse population of people
- Good reflective practice
- An interest in palliative care
- Membership of a professional body and insurance
Experience of working with patients with terminal illness.
Induction to CT team, various CPD training opportunities
St Joseph’s Hospice has one of the most diverse and innovative complementary therapy teams in the country and is leading the way in models of palliative and end of life care.
As a recently qualified practitioner or someone with some years of experience, this opportunity will allow you to gain experience of working with people with complex medical and social needs as part of an enthusiastic, creative and innovative hospice team.
As a volunteer therapist you will gain precious experience in a very supportive and integrated therapeutic environment. You will be working with a multitude of professionals treating patients and carers in palliative and end-of-life care, providing care and well-being for those who are really in need.
After 3 hours volunteering you can claim a meal from our restaurant.
We can also pay travel expenses for Zones 1-6.