Become a mentor with IntoUniveristy and change a young person's life!
The IntoUniversity Mentoring Scheme pairs university student mentors with young people aged 10-17 from some of the UK’s most disadvantaged areas. You will lead one-to-one sessions, supporting your mentee with academic skills, social and emotional development, and future thinking. You will also attend group events with other mentoring pairs and celebrate your achievements at our annual Mentoring Celebration.
What will IntoUniversity expect from you?
- To meet with your mentee for one hour every two weeks
- Commitment to the role and enthusiasm for working with young people (minimum of 10 meetings)
- Ability to build positive relationships with young people
- Initiative and collaboration with staff to deliver engaging sessions
- Compliance with our volunteer code of conduct and safeguarding procedures
What can you expect from IntoUniversity?
- Ongoing support from your centre staff team
- Additional training opportunities to develop your skills, depending on the role
- Flexibility in volunteering around your schedule
- Celebration and recognition of your time volunteering with us
What does it take to work at an International Poverty Charity? Come find out!
Hospital Buddies volunteers will be matched with an older person who is going into hospital for an elective surgery. They will provide information, support and reassurance both pre admission and after discharge from hospital.