- Support a young person in a school subject to achieve the GCSE / A level grades they deserve and to fulfil their potential.
- Inspire, motivate and raise aspirations towards higher education and the world of work.
- Students supported by The Access Project typically achieve a grade higher at GCSE and are four times more likely than their peers to progress to a top-third ranked university.
- No prior experience necessary, full training included with start dates through the autumn term.
- Make a significant, lasting impact on a young person’s future
- Reconnect with a subject you love
- Grow in confidence
- Be a positive role model
- Give back to your community
- Gain valuable tutoring experience and enhance your CV
- Enhance your communication
- Mentoring and planning skills
- Problem solving skills
Interested? You’ll need to:
· Either be currently studying for an undergraduate degree or have an undergraduate degree/equivalent professional qualification.
· Either have an A Level subject you wish to tutor at GCSE (grade B or above) or an undergraduate degree in a subject you wish to tutor at A level.
· Be able to spare 1 hour a week in school term time over the next academic year to tutor (starting Sept/Oct 2022), plus 30 mins a week preparation time.
· Be prepared to undertake an enhanced DBS check (criminal records check) and provide two references (personal or professional).
Reach Out Befriender Role: To support an Autistic child, young person or adult and their family. Helping them to gain confidence, new skills, reduce isolation and become more engaged with their local community.