Organisation aims / mission / values
- Hft is a national charity supporting people with learning disabilities and their families.
- Our London division is based in Barnet where we support around 40 people.
- Everything we do focuses on helping the people we support live the best life possible.
How we deliver these aims
- Working in partnership with our service users and those that know them well to create flexible services that meets their needs, whether they need a lot of support, or just occasionally. Where possible, involving them in deciding who supports them so they have the opportunity to do things they like, whether that’s meeting new friends, developing hobbies, working or volunteering.
We believe in a world where anyone with a learning disability can live within their community with all the choice and support they need to live the best life possible.
- Interest in learning more about the lives of people with learning disabilities
- Non-judgmental attitude, appreciative of individual differences