You will support children and young people with disabilities and additional needs to play adventurously, have fun, get messy and generally have a great day. You will join a great team of staff and volunteers who are committed to ensuring every child leaves ELHAP with a smile.
ELHAP is one of only eight adventure playgrounds for disabled children and young people in the UK. For over 47 years we have provided fantastic adventure play opportunities to many thousands of disabled children from across North East London and Essex. We are a truly unique and magical setting! This is what our Playworker say about working and volunteering at ELHAP:
- “The most rewarding job I’ve ever had!”
- “Every day is an adventure.”
- “I love the team and how friendly, welcoming and helpful everyone is.”
- “In 14 years working at ELHAP from the first day to today I still feel I am fulfilling and enhancing children's lives.”
Learn how to support children and young people with disabilities and how to facililate play, have fun and get messy!
This is great experience for careers and study in Medicine, Teaching, Psychology, Social Work and Allied Health Professions but also for any career. We always have at least 5 - 10 medical students working with us because it is such good experience. People wanting to go into Law, Business etc will also find the experience of volunteering at ELHAP incredibly useful (employers always love to know about volunteering at ELHAP).
In order to volunteer you will need:
- To be 16 years or over
- A satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure
- Two good references (these can be from your school, college, employer etc)
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- A willingness to get involved in all aspects of ELHAP
- An ability to fulfil the duties of a volunteer
ELHAP follows the NSPCC Safer Recruitment guidance for all its recruitment (please remember that this means it takes extra time to get through the application process).
The Museum of Brands is a small, friendly museum of consumer culture in West London. We are looking for Volunteer Session Leaders to support our Living Brands Programme, which is designed for people living with or affected by dementia.
Purpose of role is to provide general assistance to support staff and the people we support (PWS) during community trips such as the farm, beach or other places of interest