hen you arrive on-site you will be given a clear induction as to how everything works. Checking and sorting items is an extremely important part of our work as we are an organisation giving gifts from one family to another, so they should be of the highest quality.
This role involves:
- Putting together beautiful bespoke bundles of kit and clothing for families, depending on their specific needs
- Checking the donated stock that comes in and ensuring items are good enough quality
- Organising donations, by gender, age, and item type
- Welcoming families who are coming to collect items in person (dependent on the site and days you attend)
- You will be supported by the Baby Bank Coordinator and work closely with the volunteer team
If you want to make a real difference in your community, volunteering at Little Village provides this opportunity. Apart from helping other families, we know that there are so many positive benefits to volunteering, including getting out of the house and meeting new people in a fun and friendly environment, learning new skills and gaining confidence and self-esteem.
You will have the opportunity to learn more about:
- How a charity / not-for-profit organisation operates
- The factors contributing to child poverty in the UK
- What needs to change in order to end child poverty in the UK
- Working as part of a team
- How to support and empower families
We welcome people from all backgrounds and no formal experience is needed as full training is provided and a team member will be available to support you throughout the placement.
Desirable skills and interests:
- Organisational skills
- Willingness to work as part of a team or motivation to develop teamworking skills
- An interest in tackling child poverty in the UK
- An interest in working with families
- Good communication skills
Become an Events Assistant Volunteer to support fundraisers taking on marathons and challenge events for Independent Age, and gain experience of charitable fundraising events.
St Joseph’s Hospice Hackney is recruiting skilled, dedicated enthusiastic complementary therapy practitioners to join the Hospice team. We currently require massage therapists and reflexologists.