Safe Passage is recruiting Volunteer Interpreters and Translators with fluency in the following languages:
We are a small but groundbreaking international organisation, that supports refugees to access safe and legal routes to asylum across Europe.
The dedication of our fantastic volunteers adds value and power to our work. At the heart of this is our pool of Interpreters and Translators.
This team of volunteers facilitates communication between our legal and advocacy teams, and the young people and families they support. It is a remote and ad hoc role that works flexibly around your own commitments.
You could be:
- interpreting legal calls to help our lawyers in London, Athens, and Paris complete the casework necessary to transfer a young person to safety in the UK;
- translating documents and reports in order to drive forward our groundbreaking cross border work;
- facilitating communication in group and 121 sessions for our exciting Youth Advocacy Programme.
What we require from you:
- Fluency in English and one or more of the above languages
- Some interpretation experience (preferred), whether in the community or professionally
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Cultural awareness and a commitment to professional boundaries
- Understanding of confidentiality and safeguarding protocols
- Emotional resilience and ability to act impartially at all times
Safeguarding training will be provided
For more information, please contact our International Operations Manager, Laura, on email@example.com. Please introduce yourself with a CV and short bio about why you are interested in this role.