- Meeting with one of the people we support once a week
- You could spend this time playing a board, doing crafts, having a chat the possibilities are endless!
- Get to know one of the people we support and share interests
- A great opportunity to get to know one someone new
- Potentially share your interests or skills
- A chance give back whilst doing fun activities such as crafts and games
• Communication skills – Communicating with people with learning disabilities can be challenging at time but doing so will develop your ability the adapt your communication more effectively
• Experience - Gain a valuable insight into the lives of people with learning disabilities and social care system
• Practical skills – Learn how to adapt activities to make them more inclusive
- People with an interest in learning more about the lives of people with Learning disabilities
- A non-judgmental attitude accepting of individual difference
Mentors can play an important role in supporting newly arrived students to settle into school, gain confidence, achieve their full potential and access opportunities available to them.
Circles London are looking for volunteers to work in the community with people who have committed serious sexual offences.
GrassRootsWeb can train you in web design, client interaction and project management so you can go on to create attractive custom-made websites for charities and non-profits.