The volunteer will carry out their volunteering from the family home and activities will depend on the age and the needs of the person.
1.To form a positive relationship with the person and their family, and help build confidence to support and develop their communication and social interaction
2. Support the development of positive activities that are relevant to the age of the person. For exmample games, sport, music, creative ,visits to parks, galleries, cinemas .
3. In communication with the family, provide additional support on practical issues e.g. accessing local amenities, developing new skills, using public transport, transitions, planning and gaining new experiences.
A great opportunity to make a real postive difference to some ones life. To gain insight into someone elses world, and through positive activites help them develop new skills and confidnence whilst having fun.
A greater understanding of Autism, skills and strategies to support an Autistic person
Skills in communication , interaction , planning, Interpersonal skills
Skills and Experiences: Previous experience of working with people with additional needs is not required, we are looking for the following qualities and skills:
- Reliability and Resilience
- Enthusiasm and a creative approach to solving problem and ideas for practical activities.
- A non – judgemental approach in working with others
- Effective Communication skills and a professional approach to volunteering
- Confidence in working with new people and situations
Technical support volunteers help us to process data collected by language group volunteers and share it with the world. There are also opportunities to develop more advanced skills in networks we are involved in
We are seeking Wellbeing Programme Volunteers to help deliver our new Living Brands programme, which is a cross-departmental initiative designed for people living with dementias.