If you’d like to assist young people who have arrived from Afghanistan, Westminster Befriend a Family (WBAF) is recruiting volunteer mentors! We offer mentoring young people aged 10-25 to help them to achieve their goals with the support of a mentor. In a programme adapted for the specific needs of refugees, our volunteers provide regular social, emotional and practical support, for up to two hours a week, for three to six months. We offer volunteers bespoke and comprehensive training to ensure they’re prepared for their role, with ongoing support and structured supervisions, as well as a range of tailored resources. You’ll need to be able to commit to at least six months of support, and we require a DBS check, which we take care of, as well as two recent references. While we welcome applications from all languages and backgrounds, we particularly encourage people with language skills (Pashtu, Dari, Farsi, Arabic and more!) to apply for the role. If you’re interested in becoming a mentor, supporting young people to settle in and access the support they need, please sign up
You will be making a difference to young people and families who need our support more than ever. You will build relationships and networks and meet so many amazing, like-minded people who want to make a difference!
- sense of satisfaction and reward when supporting vulnerable young people
- specialised mentoring training
- experience working with young people
- we will provide references for your work if you complete a period of mentoring with us
We are look for people who have the following:
- Good listening skills
- Good communication skills
- Committed to making a difference to young people and able to dedicate an hour a week for 12-24 weeks.
- Willing to complete our online training and undertake a DBS check (which we will sort for you).
CPRE - England’s leading countryside charity - is seeking a volunteer with fundraising, marketing or communications experience, to assist their London branch with applications to grant-makers and project progress reports.