Safeguarding policy for organisations
Thank you for registering your organisation on the CityVolunteering online brokerage system. The aim of this simple agreement
is to clarify expectations of what you can expect from us and vice versa if we are to promote your opportunities and refer our volunteers on to you. Our aim is to promote high-quality volunteering opportunities to our staff and students and to ensure that they are safe and looked after in their placement.
When working with you City volunteering will:
- Promote your volunteering roles to our staff and students via City Volunteering online, drop-ins, fairs etc in an unbiased manner
- Offer you a volunteer who we feel is appropriate for your project, when we have someone available
- Intervene if you need help in dealing with problems with our volunteers
- Provide appropriate support when needed
- Look at developing and enhancing the role of City, University of London volunteers within your organisation.
- Sign up to City volunteering online and keep your organisation’s profile up to date
- Provide a description of each volunteering role
- Induct each volunteer and provide training, where required and insure adherence to health and safety regulations
- Work with volunteers in a non-discriminatory way
- Provide a named supervisor and regular supervision for each volunteering role
- Keep us informed through the volunteer management system of our students volunteering and when their involvement ends, for whatever reason
- Ensure that you have Employers Liability Insurance/Public Liability Insurance to cover all volunteers
- Pay, provide or make money available to cover reasonable expenses, as agreed in advance with the Volunteer Coordinator
Please note that although it does not necessarily prevent City Volunteering from advertising your opportunities if you do not have evidence of insurance (and possible other policies) we may contact you to discuss this prior to approving your organisation. We look forward to our students working with you in the future.