About the opportunity
Do you have an interest in supporting people with mental health difficulties? We're looking for energetic and compassionate people to help to support our service users in Haringey.
If you are interested in planning and facilitating events that offer service users social involvement, leisure and cultural opportunities and encourage them to better access their local community, this could be the role for you.
Among other activities you would:
- Meet with service users to talk to them about off-site activities and trips they are interested in, and facilitating an Events Committee made up of residents.
- Liaise with agencies and organisations who may be able to offer social involvement, leisure and cultural support opportunities to our residents.
- Facilitate transport arrangements and promoting events across multiple schemes.
- Attend events and keeping appropriate administration records
- Support scheme staff in creating and delivering on-site events which respond to resident needs.
- Getting feedback on the residents’ experience after an event.
Want to know more? Please do get in touch with us. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
About Centra Volunteering
Centra Care & Support provides support and care services and supported housing management services across the group partners of Circle, one of the UK's largest housing organisations.
Our mission is to 'enhance life chances'. Life Chances are the opportunities each individual has to improve his or her quality of life.
Centra Care & Support activities include residential care homes, sheltered housing projects, shared accommodation and also floating support provided to people in their homes. We provide support services to vulnerable groups in society including young people with complex needs, people with mental health difficulties, people with learning disabilities, older people and vulnerable families in the community
What are they looking for?
No qualifications or experience necessary but we tend to look for empathetic and reliable people with a genuine interest in supporting people with mental health difficulties. An ideal candidate may have some experience in event planning and may have experienced mental health.
Volunteers receive a thorough induction and have access to any relevant in-house and external training. Volunteers have a named supervisor providing day-to-day support and encouragement. Reasonable travel and lunch expenses will be reimbursed.
This opportunity will assist you in gaining the following skills:
- Problem solving/Creativity
Training will be provided by the organisation for this position:
Volunteers receive a thorough induction and have access to any relevant in-house and external training. V
The organisation has indicated the following requirements from volunteers who want to take this opportunity.
Essential: good listening skills, empathy, enthuasism and reliability
Desirable: An ideal candidate may have some experience in event planning and may have experienced mental health.